- Only use antibiotics when absolutely necessary, take some time off work and let your immune system handle it!
- Ask your doctor if you really need the antibiotics they are prescribing you! Some doctors do prescribe them for anything, including viruses!
- Know the difference between bacterial infections and viral infections, you take antibiotics to kill bacteria and antivirals to kill viruses. They are not interchangeable, know the difference!
- If you are prescribed antibiotics by your doctor take the correct dosage at the correct time of day, ask your doctor or pharmacist to clarify if you’re not sure! (Why?)
- If you are prescribed antibiotics finish your prescription! Even if you start feeling better is it crucial that you finishing taking all of the antibiotics you were prescribed. (Why?)
- Avoid buying and consuming livestock products that were fed antibiotics. (Why?)
- Maintain a high standard of general health and sanitation. (Why?)
Be sure to follow the media accounts below and support their posts through likes, comments and retweets! Everything helps the message spread a little further.